Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Vera Miles


Vera Miles (born August 23, 1929) is in one of my favorite movies of all time, Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Totally iconic picture. Aside from that and her appearance on the Twilight Zone, probably my favorite TV show of all time, I don't believe I have seen her in anything else. Vera acted mostly on television from what I could find, her last appearance in 1995. Some Vera Miles trivia:

  • She was Miss Kansas 1948. She ended up being third in the Miss America 1948 pageant.
  • Vera was originally cast in Kim Novak's role in Vertigo but production delays cost her the part.
  • There are conflicting reports on her middle name, some people say it is "May" and some people say it's "June".


What did Vera Miles wish for in 1956?



"Personally, I'd like to remarry in 1956 and eventually have a large family" - Vera was married 3 times, having a total of 4 children.



"Professionally, I'm looking forward to anything that will further my career as an actress - be it comedy, drama or mystery."



"As a citizen, I hope for a wide revival of religion" - Frankly, I think the U.S. has gone in the opposite direction.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This