Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Charlton Heston

What can one say about Charlton Heston? Born October 4, 1923 Heston became the epitome of a strength. Appearing largely in epics such as 1956's The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, and of course the ever parodied Planet of the Apes, I have a difficult thinking of a bad Heston film. He married his wife Lydia Clarke May 17, 1944 and had 2 children. Charlton Heston is remembered more recently for his strong views as president of the National Rifle Association. Announcing in 2002 that he had Alzheimer's disease, he quietly passed away April 5, 2008. One of my favorite Charlton Heston quotes on his career: "If you need a ceiling painted, a chariot race run, a city besieged, or the Red Sea parted, you think of me". What did Heston want in 1956?


1. "Personally, I hope I'll make the right decisions and give proper guidance as a father to my son, Frasier."


2. "Professionally, I can ask for no more than the role of Moses which I play in The Ten Commandments". - He did a fabulous job, too. I couldn't picture anyone else in that role.


3. "I've been studying the life of Moses ever since I was considered for the part. As a citizen, I wish for some way I can best apply the wonderful teachings of this great man."


Up next - William Holden and Bob Hope


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This