Saturday, February 6, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Olivia de Havilland

Olivia de Havilland (born July 1, 1916). One of my favorite Olivia quotes: "Playing good girls in the '30s was difficult, when the fad was to play bad girls. Actually I think playing bad girls is a bore; I have always had more luck with good girl roles because they require more from an actress."





1. "I'm very happy as Pierre Galante's wife. We love living in Paris, where he works. But I'd like to make both America and Paris my home."




2. "I just finished making The Ambassador's Daughter, which we shot in Spain. After that, I'd like to do a picture in America."



3. "I love feeling that America and Paris are so close to each other, but I'll never forget that America is my home."


All of Olivia's wishes sound like she is homesick for America. I wonder if she is any more?
Next up - Richard Egan and John Ericson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This