Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Kathryn Grayson

Kathryn Grayson (born February 9, 1922 - just celebrating a birthday yesterday!) was born Zelma Kathryn Elisabeth Hedrick. Most famous for her roles in Showboat and Kiss Me Kate. Kathryn, now retired from the screen, is still active teaching voice lessons. These photos were taken with Kathryn Grayson and someone credited as Mario Lango. I couldn't find any information of such a person existing. No evidence of her dating or starring with anyone of that name. Her husbands were both named John and the closet co-star name I could find was Mario Lanza. Whoever this guy is, he and Kathryn look awful cozy! Kathryn's 1956 wishes:



1. "I want to take Patty Kate to Europe next year. I think it would be wonderful for her to be so close to so much tradition and history." - Kathryn's daughter, Patricia Kathryn, born October 7, 1948. Europe would definitely be fun. The only places I have been in Europe are the lovely Scotland and Ireland about 10 years ago. I absolutely loved them - rain and all.


2. "I just finished Port Afrique in London, and Tangier, then I opened in Las Vegas. I hope I get to play Las Vegas again next year." - Kathryn did a lot of nightclub singing as well as film work in the 1950s. I've never been to London, Tangier or Vegas, but I would definitely love to go to London some time.


3. "As a citizen, I want world peace." - Everyone seems to give this answer! Not that it isn't a great answer, but I'm hoping someone gets a little original soon.





2 comments:

Shay said...

Could it be the opera singer Mario Lanza?

Grace said...

That is definitely Mario Lanza, who she apparently couldn't abide in real life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This