Thursday, February 11, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Bob Hope

What can one say about Bob Hope (May 29, 1903 - July 27, 2003)? Well loved entertainer, tirelessly helped our Armed Forces, won tons of awards and honors (including 58 honorary degrees), and of course lived to be 100. What did Bob Hope wish for in 1956?







"I've been away from home so much that personally I'd like one New Year's Eve I could spend with Dolores and the children." - Hope he got his wish, but he did so much I'm not sure if he ever did







"In That Certain Feeling I want to continue with the new Bob Hope who was professionally established in The Seven Little Foys. I want to do comedies - but switch to dramatic roles now and then." - I'm not sure if I've seen a dramatic Bob Hope film. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good one?







"As a citizen, I wish I had more time to do more for the men in service overseas" - I'm not sure what else he could have done. Bob Hope worked tirelessly to visit and entertain the troops. I can't name a celebrity who comes even remotely close to him these days







Up next - Rock Hudson and Tab Hunter

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This