Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis


Janet Leigh (July 6, 1927 - October 3, 2004) and Tony Curtis (born June 3, 1925 and still with us) were married from June 4, 1951 to June 1962 - a pretty good run as far as Hollywood marriages go. I have always been a huge fan of Janet Leigh. She was totally stunning and intelligent, and who could have possibly played that role in Psycho except Leigh? Tony Curtis has turned into a bit of a dirty old man for lack of a better term these days, but I thought he was fabulous in one of my favorite films, Some Like it Hot. He did a great Cary Grant impression in that film. Here were Janet and Tony's 1956 wishes:


1. "We've just finished making pictures abroad. Janet made a picture with Victor Mature in Africa, and I just finished making Trapeze with Burt Lancaster in Paris. Personally we just want to stay home for a good long while! We loved it while we were away and we learned a lot, but there's no place like home." - Totally understand that. I love being in my little home much more than being away.


2. "Janet wants to remain as busy an actress as she has in the past. The way things are lined up, she's going to be. I'm wishing for another prizefight picture like The Square Jungle because prizefight pictures are lucky for me." - I've never seen The Square Jungle. Does anyone know if it's a good film?



3. "As citizens, we want a better world and we think the way to start is on our own doorstep." - So true!


Up next - Julie Adams and Ray Danton as well as everyone's sweetheart, Doris Day




1 comment:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

I like them as a couple back then too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This