Friday, February 5, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Don Defore

Don Defore (August 25, 1913 - December 22, 1993), probably best known as the boss on Hazel, lived a pretty quite yet successful life. Working in both TV and films for most of his life. There was nothing really controversial in his life. He had five children with his wife Marion Holmes Defore, whom he married on Valentine's Day in 1942. They were married until Don's death in 1993. Marion, whom is still with us, was good friends with Judy Garland. Judy even served as her Matron of Honor! Don's 1956 wishes were:



1. "Personally, I want a trip to Europe" - Me too!



2. "Professionally, I'd like the motion picture company I formed a year ago, D-4 Productions, to have its first movie completed and ready to show". - Since I don't believe this company is around anymore, I'm not sure how this worked out. I was not able to find any info about D-4


3. "As a citizen, after our eastern membership drive, I'd like our Television Academy to have increased membership and become a truly national organization."



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This