Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Peggy Lee

The stunning Peggy Lee (May 26, 1920 - January 21, 2002) was a fabulous songstress. Although she had a lengthy musical career, I know her best from her work on the Disney classic, Lady and the Tramp. Born Norma Delores Egstrom, she decided to become a singer at age 14, she penned many well known songs including the smash hit "Fever". What did Peggy Lee wish for in 1956?



"Personally, I'd like to limit my night-club engagements next year so I can stay home more with my daughter."



"I'd like my own regular TV show in 1956 and I want to do a picture now and then - like Pete Kelly's Blues." - Peggy has 13 credits as an actress but no films after 1955 and she did not get her own TV show.



"I wish they'd pass stricter humane laws to protect animals" - Very timely since I'm watching the AKC Dog Show right now. Go terriers!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment...Your blog is a treat to see...

Unknown said...

Geez! My buddies at the gym would never let me live it down, but I just spent the last 40 minutes reading your blog. Holding my attention for longer than 5 minutes is quite the feat, even if it is 4 am and I am sitting up keeping the new puppy company (he is chewing on my toes as I type). AND, you get to work in a library! How cool is that??? I am an avowed bibliophile! I actually flew to Denmark on a "Vintage Book Buying Tour" two years ago. I am definately listing you as one of my favorites, unless you have reservations about it. Great Blog!

Mademoiselle Coco said...

Beautiful lady in every way...

A said...

Spuds - Glad you found the site. The more the merrier!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This