Monday, February 1, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Joan Crawford

What does the fabulous Joan Crawford wish for in 1956?


1. "Personally, I want happiness and contentment for my children" - Do I even need to go there? Obviously there was an issue here - whether true or not.


2. "Professionally, I want Hollywood to have the best year in its history for everyone". - I'm not sure if I would think of 1956 as the best year in movie history. What about 1939? Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz, The Women ....just so many good ones.


3. "As a citizen, I hope more time and effort will be used to combat juvenile delinquency. I'd like to see methods devised which make certain the leisure time of the children can be used constructively instead of destructively". - I would love that too. There has got to be a better way.

2 comments:

Cajun Girl Living In The Mountains said...

On number three, I couldn't help but think of what she would have children doing... scrubbing bathrooms from top to bottom at midnight, rearranging closets, beating them with wire hangers?

Anonymous said...

Even Christina distanced herself from the movie because it made up entire episodes not contained in her book. Unfortunately, popular memory only remembers the movie's overdone inaccuracies. Read the book and then her bios. Or start with this great website www.joancrawfordbest.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This