Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ann Rutherford's Passing

RIP Ann Rutherford (November 2, 1917 – June 11, 2012)

Stunning Ann Rutherford

Sad to hear the delightful Ann Rutherford passed away.  Born November 2, 1920 in Vancouver, Canada, she was one of the last remaining cast member of one of my favorite films, Gone With the Wind.  She seemed such a sweet, delightful woman.  She will be greatly missed.

Ann Rutherford on a enjoying the sun

Sadly, so I fear there are few of the greats left.  So glamorous, vibrant, and wonderful actors, they remind me of the best time in film history.


Sweet Ann, we'll miss you

Today, I can count on one hand the number of people I consider actors today.  I don't know what they are, but it feels like to me any old person could be thrown in a film these days and it wouldn't matter.  Just throw in a scantily clad girl and some gross-out humor or some CGI crap and you've got a hit.  What's the point of actors anyway when computer generated things seem to be more important?  I enjoy maybe one new film a year while I find at least one thing redeeming in every pre-1960s film I view - hence this blog.  Please, bring back stories, glamour, and actors in films.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This