Friday, September 4, 2009

If I Had One Wish . . . Ella Raines


Here is the gorgeous Ella Raines wish from the October 1946 Photoplay


"If I had only one wish, I would wish for a home on the range. I guess it would be difficult to find where the Buffalo still roam, but I would like to live in some wild secluded spot a few hundred miles from Hollywood where I could hunt and fish and ride. I don't suppose I'll ever get over my passion for wide open spaces. I grew up as a perfect tomboy on a ranch in Washington where my mother taught me to rough it".



"The ranch I want wouldn't have to be too large - about 50 acres but I'd like it completely equipped with everything, horses, sheep, cows, pigs, chicken, and dogs. I love every kind of animal. I love to feed them and take care of them and watch them grow. I don't like to brad, but I won some blue ribbons in Washington for my lambs and calves in Washington. Instead of spending my money of elegant clothes and jewelry, I'm saving the parts I think need saving."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This