Saturday, August 22, 2009

Favorite Foods of Famous Stars Gigi Parrish

Gigi Parrish (Aug 30, 1912 - Feb 8, 2006) provided us with a wonderful dessert menu. Even though it is described as "unusual bridge desserts", the options look rather tasty to me.

Gigi's menu includes: Chocolate Mint Parfaits, Smooth Fruit Sherbet, and Fresh Peach Ice Cream Pie. Delicious!



Above is a picture of Gigi on her exciting Honeymoon at the tender age of 15. I never was able to have a Honeymoon myself, but I can't imagine choosing to motorcycle across the country during the 1920s. Gigi was obviously an adventurous dame.




Gigi Parrish was a real tough one to come up with some info or pics about. She only appeared in 9 films, most in uncredited roles. The most famous films she appeared in were Twentieth Century (934) uncredited and Roman Scandal (1933) uncredited.

I've added some of films I knew she was in. The Hollywood short was fun. Wish I could get some of those giant beer glasses :)



Gigi was also part of the 1934 WAMPAS Baby Stars. The WAMPAS were seen as promising stars of the future. Some WAMPAS babies included Joan Crawford, Clara Bow, Ginger Rogers, Joan Blondell, Loretta Young, Fay Wray and several other girls featured in this cookbook.
For a full list of the WAMPAS, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAMPAS_Baby_Stars

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Ooohh, those do sound scrumptious, especially the Fresh Peach Ice Cream pie.

I'm enjoying these menus so much, thank you for posting all of them for us, sweetie!

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just read Gig's second husband's autobiography: "Fly Away Home" by John Weld. He was stuntman and author. The photos are great. They seem to have been the perfect couple. Linda Asleson. I'm formerly from Minnesota!!! (Moorhead)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This