Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week in Review

Films I've Watched


  • Shock (1946) - Vincent Price shines.  Who else could twist the mind like Price.  Delicious!  And Lynn Bari's performance was surprisingly strong.  Not having seen many Bari films, I thought it wonderful.
  • Three Strangers (1946) - Review pending
  • All This and Heaven Too (1940) - Review pending
  • The Narrow Margin (1952) - Review pending
  • Victor Borge: Comedy in Music (2011) - I love Victor Borge.  His piano comedy is hilarious!  My Grandma Tudy loved him, and every time I see his comedy, it reminds me of her.  She sure loved a good joke. 5 Stars.
  • Frozen (2013) - I was surprised by this one.  It seemed like it was a musical, more than film.  I understand the appeal, but it doesn't seem timeless to me.  It's just too perfect.  I just wish the story and characters were more developed and accurate to the time the piece was set.  The crude modern humor was unnecessary and distracted from the story and I found the snowman incredibly annoying and insulting to one's intelligence.  3 Stars.

  • Jungle Jim (1948) - Would someone please tell me why Johnny Weismuller was so beloved?  Super wooden performance.  Basically he is some kind of jungle guide.  He was guide to Dr. Hilary Parker, played by the ever delightful Virginia Grey, who was off to find a cure for polio.  Craziness ensues and Johnny saves the day.  And there are many more!  Yeah!  (Sarcasm, of course).  The actors around him are about a billion times better.

Links

1937 Delineator; Source




  • I always mean to start a journal, so I was pleased that one of my favorite sites, The Art of Manliness, has a great post on how to Jumpstart Your Journaling.  While geared towards guys, it can definitely be tweaked for women.  I think I'll give it a try.
Senator Theater; Source



  • Book Riot has a great post on how to buy Classic Books.  Whether you just want a cheap paperback or a hardcover, there are great choices given.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This