Monday, June 2, 2014

Marilyn Monday - Beautiful Birthday Belle

Marilyn Monroe in Amagansett, Long Island by Sam Shaw; May 1957


Today is Marilyn Monroe's birthday (June 1, 1926), so it seemed logical to do another Marilyn Monday.  These fun, sunny pictures also happen to feature fashion that is on trend again, specifically the crop top. 



Marilyn Monroe in Amagansett, Long Island by Sam Shaw; May 1957

It seems a lot of people have the same idea because a lot of blogs already have some wonderful posts about her.

Marilyn Monroe  in Amagansett, Long Island by Sam Shaw; May 1957

Marilyn is an icon.  I love her.  She's not my top star, but I enjoy her performances.  I just watched her in Clash by Night (1952) with Barbara Stanwyck.  She did a swell job.

Marilyn Monroe in Amagansett, Long Island by Sam Shaw; May 1957

I adore this photo shoot.  It makes Marilyn look so sweet, wholesome and innocent.  It's how I imagine Norma Jean to be at heart.  Sweet, but a stunner.  Someone who looks like they would be a fun friend, but the guys would clearly like, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This