Monday, August 16, 2010

John Barrymore and Mae West?


"Hold Onto Your Hats! 'Tis rumored that John Barrymore and Mae West may be teamed shortly for a picture. What a field day for censors that will provide!" (1941 Film Fun)



As far as I can tell, this never happened. I couldn't imagine a more mismatched pair on the screen as these two would have been. I tried doing a bit of research and couldn't find anything about this potential film. If anyone knows about this unfulfilled project, let me know.

2 comments:

Mae West NYC said...

You are correct. It never happened. I once tried to find a photo of them together . . . could not locate one. Guess he was not a big fan of hers . . . awwwww . . . . MaeWest.blogspot.com

A said...

Thanks for the confirmation about the film. I read that they did not like eachother very much, so I was surprised when I found this tidbit in a vintage mag.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This