- First wife Judith Campbell Exner professed to be a mistress of President John F. Kennedy. She was also involved with Chicago Mafia boss Sam Giancana during the period she claimed to be Kennedy's mistress.
- William was the first actor ever to sing with Elvis. It was in the picture Love Me Tender
William Campbell's 1956 Wishes:
1. Personally, I'd like to see more of my mother. She's a wonderful person, but she lives back East.
2. I had the chance of a lifetime in the Kirk Douglas picture Man Without a Star. Professionally, I'd like another chance like that in 1956.
3. I'd like to see people living our Constitution instead of just talking about it. I believe in equality for all and I hope the time comes when we are all better citizens and better Americans because we practice what we preach.
Up next - Marge and Gower Champion and Jeff Chandler