Sunday, January 24, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Mari Blanchard

Mari Blanchard was an actress performing mainly during the 1950s and early 1960s. She was born April 13, 1923 in Long Beach, California. Mari was discovered after being in a 1950 ad for bubble bath. She worked at RKO, MGM, Paramount, and finally was signed by Universal in 1952. Her most famous role is the Venusian queen Allura in Abbott and Costello go to Mars (1953). Mari retired in 1963 after making her last film McClintock. Mari passed away at the age of 43 from cancer.

Mari's 1956 wishes were:


1. Personally, I'd like a larger home for mother and me.


2. I'd like a chance as an actress to select my own screen roles, always, whether or not I'm under contract to a studio.


3. As a citizen, it would be great if there were a standardization of all traffic laws so that the laws are the same throughout the United States.

Interesting wishes. Everyone feels like they could use a better house. Actors and Actresses have always wanted to be able to choose their own roles. I'm not sure how many people would have said so at the time, though. As for the third wish, having driven across the country a few times, I can totally understand her wish. It can be quite frustrating.

1 comment:

emma wallace said...

This is a fascinating post! I just discovered your blog and I'm looking forward to reading your past posts!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This