Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weird Wednesday - Sticking it to the Fuhrer




I found this fun ad on the back of my December 5-11, 1942 issue of Movie Radio Guide. I thought it would be a perfect fit for Weird Wednesday.




How did they know what I've always wanted to do?






Fantastic! It lasts a lifetime and even has his Prussian boots.




I looked all over the place for photos and video of FDR and the pin cushion, but was unsuccessful. It's got to be out there somewhere, but I haven't been able to find any today.







Definitely think Hitler would be hollering, but this women looks awfully pained having to stick him in the bum.




It's a club? And 10 days to decide? And a special 3 for $3.49? How could you not buy one?



Can you believe Hitler wouldn't endorse such an item? It's like he doesn't think it's funny that someone would stick pins in his bum. Obviously he needed a sense of humor



If you have one of these gems lying around your house today or see one at a yard sale, they go for $100 - $450. Not bad for a novelty pin cushion!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This