Friday, July 9, 2010

What 100 Want Most in 1956 - Dale Evans and Roy Rogers


I read on one of my new favorite blogs, Thrilling Days of Yesteryear, about the Dale Evans/Roy Rogers Museum sale at Christies. You can buy anything from the This is Your Life book, cement hand and hoofprint slab, a Clark Gable director's chair, and even the beloved Trigger, Trigger Jr, and Buttermilk. Too bad I don't have a few grand to spare. I just hope the items, especially the animals, go to a good home.




Dale Evans (October 31, 1912 - February 7, 2001) and Roy Rogers (November 5. 1911 - July 6, 1998). These beloved Western stars were married from December 31, 1947 until Roy's death.


Dale Evans on Roy: "We hit it off together because he's so much like my brother. I mean, Roy's like I am, and that's it."

Roy Rogers: "When I die, just skin me out and put me up on old Trigger and I'll be happy"



What did the two wish for in 1956?:



"Dale and I have discovered the greatness of religion and we want to share that experience with all mankind. Another project we want to promote is safety on the highways."



A bit of trivia: Dale Evans wrote the beloved spiritual The Bible Tells Me So




"My main objective, outside of TV, is to get back into movies with both boots. Dale enjoys film work and will continue with it unless it interferes in the proper care of our children."


"As citizens we desire most a complete alertness and awareness of the good to be done and the time out to do our share."

3 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

I didn't see where Roy's This is Your Life book is up for sale. That is so odd, because I was watching some of those old shows on a DVD I got as a bonus for purchasing some TV shows on disc and Roy's TIYL appearance was among them (also Mack Sennett, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy and Harold Lloyd).

Thanks for becoming a TDOY follower, Amanda! I hope you find something useful on the blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by...They made a lovely couple

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

As a child, I loved Roy Rogers and Dale Evans and, of course, the horse Trigger! We often saw them at the Saturday afternoon matinees and just couldn't wait for the next story to come along. Masked men, stagecoaches, cattle drives were all part of the "work" Roy Rogers and Dale Evans did on the silver screen and we kids adored every minute of it!!!
Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This