Some Gene Nelson Trivia:
- His birth name was Leander Eugene Berg. He legally changed his name to Gene Nelson in 1964
- He was married three times and has three children
- Gene dated Maureen Reagan
- Gene Nelson made his dancing debut in 1935 with the Fanchon and Marco Juvenile Revue at the Paramount Theater in Los Angeles
- In high school, Gene was a cheerleader
"I made my first trip to Europe this year and next year I hope I can go again and take my son, Chris"
Amanda's comments - Gene is featured with his son Chris in these 1949 Life Magazine photos, as well as his wife, dancer and actress Miriam Franklin. Miriam appeared in films as a dancer and is uncredited in most of her roles.
"I'd like to organize a youth group to keep youngsters sports-minded. When you are interested in healthy activity, you don't have so much time to hang around the streets."
Amanda's Comments - I think that is so cool! This is high priority in America these days because of obesity rates and the First Lady's initiatives.
Up next in this series - Sheree North