Hugh O'Brian (born April 19, 1923) is probably best known as Wyatt Earp in the television series The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp. The show ran from 1955 to 1961 with a total of 226 episodes!
Some Hugh O'Brian Trivia:
- Hugh was "discovered" by the fabulous Ida Lupino
- He became friends with Marilyn Monroe during the filming of There's No Business Like Show Business
- Hugh was a soda jerk at Schwab's Drugstore on Sunset Boulevard
- Hugh established the HOBY Award (Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Award)
- Hugh is the the youngest ever Marine Drill Seargeant at the tender age of 17
- He was inducted into the Western Hall of Fame in 1992
- Hugh was the last person killed on screen by John Wayne (In 1976's The Shootist)
- Hugh waited until he was 81 to get married. He married teacher Virginia Barber, 30 years his junior, whom he had dated for 18 years. They were married with music by Debbie Reynolds, June 25, 2006.
"I'd like to find the right girl"
Amanda's Comments - Obviously this took a long time since he didn't marry until 2006!
"I'd like to continue to do three or four motion pictures a year and continue with my television series Wyatt Earp"
"As a citizen, I think also in terms of Hollywood and the good it can do through the medium of motion pictures. In 1956, I hope we have more movies like Blackboard Jungle and Trial".
Amanda's Comments - I just saw Blackboard Jungle and it was fabulous! Glenn Ford and Sidney Poitier - how can you go wrong?