Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Burn, Witch, Burn! (1962)


Burn, Witch, Burn! (1962) - Janet Blair (Tansy Taylor), Peter Wyngarde (Norman Taylor), Margaret Johnston (Flora Carr)





Wife Tansy Taylor, played by Janet Blair, does witchcraft to protect and advance the career of her husband, Professor Norman Taylor, played by Peter Wyngarde.  Her husband is a skeptic, even teaches against such things.  When the professor finds his wife's charms, he makes her destroy everything.  Soon after, everything goes to heck.  He begins to come to bodily harm, a student brings up charges that he raped her, and his wife seems possessed enough to kill herself.


I found this film, originally titled Night of the Eagle, to be a real fun horror flick.  There was constant action - I couldn't look away.  And I love spooky stories - especially when there isn't much gore.  That's the beauty of black and white films.  I can enjoy them without being disgusted.



I found the acting in the film quite good as well.  Janet Blair was perfect as the distraught wife, only looking out for her husband's well being.  I Peter Wyngarde played the skeptic well.  And of course the villain was creepy good.  I won't tell you who that is.  You'll have to watch and find out for yourself.  I was surprised by who it turned out to be, but many reviews say it was predictable.  Perhaps I became too engrossed in the film.


A fun thriller worth the watch.  7 out of 10.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This