Sunday, December 15, 2013

Links of the Week


Susan Hayward as "Messalina" in Demetrius and the Gladiators (1954)

Vintage Film Costume Collector has an amazing post with fantastic photographs of Susan Hayward's costume as "Messalina" in the film Demetrius and the Gladiators (1954).  I've never seen the film, but the scenes look fantastic, and Hayward's costume couldn't be better.  So glamorous, yet fits in the film.  Amazing!


Need an amazing hair accessory?  Bobby Pin blog has a great how-to for a Christmas Poinsettia Hair Accessory.  It looks adorable, and I think I'll give it a try.


How to Tie a Perfect Sash Bow [Source: Sew Beautiful Blog]

When I tie a bow, it often seems just a bit off, so I was really excited to see Sew Beautiful's How-to about Sash Bows.  The steps were clear, the pictures were good, so I am excited to give the process a try.  After all, Christmas seems to be the season of bows.


Books are a great gift.  I am giving several as presents.  As everyone knows, I adore books, so I heartily endorse books as presents.  Imagination Soup has a great Christmas gift guide of the best books of the year for kids and teens.



Edith Head and Elizabeth Taylor

The Glamorous Housewife is spreading the glamour love with a great post featuring lessons from costume goddess Edith Head.  Ms. Head certainly knows about glamour.  Her costumes are wonderful.





I love blog Big Old Houses's home tours.  There is another one up featuring a Vanderbilt home in Florida.  Gorgeous!



Jessica over at Chronically Vintage always has amazing posts.  Literally, I could link to every post on her blog.  It is a rarity that I don't find something valuable in her posts.  Two I particularly enjoyed this week was her weekly dose of Saturday Snapshots and Ten Cold Weather Vintage Wardrobe Staples.  The cold weather staples basically is my vintage wardrobe wishlist while the Saturday Snapshots post really made me think.  





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This