Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fred MacMurray Channels Tony Curtis


Fred MacMurray

June and Fred


“I’ve had so many pictures taken with my wife (June Haver)  that I’m beginning to feel like Tony Curtis.”


[Source: Movieland; February 1955]

June and Fred

I find both Fred MacMurray and June Haver delightful.  They were married 37 years, from 1954 until MacMurray's death in 1991.  They adopted twin girls in 1956.  

Above Suspicion (1943)


June is not remembered as she should be and Fred seems to be remembered solely for My Three Sons.  Not that it wasn't a good show, but he was great in many other projects, most notably in Double Indemnity, a Film Noir classic.  My current MacMurray favorite is Above Suspicion (1943) which I saw recently on TCM.  My favorite June Haver film is her last film appearance, The Girl Next Door (1953).

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

June was such an absolute beauty. Her look seamlessly married girl-next-door charm and alluring elegance.

Heartfelt thanks for your wonderfully sweet birthday wishes (and lovely comment about Stella), dear Amanda, I completely appreciate them.

♥ Jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This