Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Awesome Ebay - Inscribed Photo Circa 1936

1936 Ebay Item
There are a lot of cool items for sale on Ebay, and this is definitely one of them.  It looks like it was from a fun event and has signatures from many people I adore.  The hefty price tag of $9,999.00 clearly makes it a clear impossibility for purchase.  I can't even afford my groceries or to fix my car, so this definitely is not going to be in my collection.  But it's just so cool, I had to feature it.  The item is from the collection of Saul Goodman (1919-2003), apparently a businessman who loved getting cool photographs and having celebrities sign them.  Because of the rarity of the photographs and rarity of some of the autographs, the prices for items from his collection are insanely expensive.  This is clearly not an exception.  But it is exceptional.
It has signatures from some of my favorite radio and film stars: Dick Powell, whose voice is a melodious treat; Norma Shearer, one of the greatest leading ladies of all time; Edna Mae Oliver, a hilarious character actress; Frances Langford, an amazing singer and entertainer of the troops.  The photo also includes legendary gossip columnist Louisa Parsons, and actor Ralph Forbes, an actor I don't know much about, but he apparently appeared in many well known films and married actresses Ruth Chatterton, Heather Angel, and Dora Sayers.



And all this can be yours for only $9,999.00!  See Ebay ad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This