Monday, March 6, 2017

RIP Robert Osborne

TCM Press Release; Source

    I haven't posted a lot lately because my life is in turmoil, but I had to post about losing TCM's Robert Osborne today.  As with many classic film lovers, TCM is a staple, and often, our first exposure to classic films and vintage life.  Robert Osborne has been a fixture on the channel for decades.  I can't think of the channel without him.  The past few years, Robert has been rarely seen on the channel.  In retrospect, I imagine he was quite ill, even though they never specifically stated the reason for the lack of appearances.  I haven't been able to quite connect well with the newer hosts the same way as with Robert Osborne.  I imagine it's because he really feels like one of the last links to the Golden Age of Hollywood.  Yes, Ben Mankiewicz has the pedigree, but I can't imagine him sitting to a meal with Bette Davis and John Wayne.  I hope TCM has success in the future, but how do you capture the same knowledge and wit that Robert Osborne had?  I don't know.  So I hope Robert Osborne enjoys the great movie palace in the sky.  The films must be amazing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This