Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cecil's City

     Hollywood gets a lot of well-deserved criticism for destroying it's heritage.  I understand their need for "new and better", but I feel the best they have is mostly in the past.  So imagine my delight when I read about a recently unearthed Hollywood treasure.  It's no secret I love Cecil B. DeMille, for his films and radio work.  One of his great accomplishments is the film The Ten Commandments (1923).  From the silent version (not the Charlton Heston epic), scientists have unearthed a giant sphinx.  


Found in the sand dunes of Guadalupe, California, I can only hope that more wonderful treasures from the film reappear.  LiveScience has some amazing photographs showing the epic film set pieces emerging from the shifting dunes - majestic still in their forgotten glory.  I can't wait to see what wonderful treasures the Dunes Center unearths for the upcoming 2015 exhibit.  Another reason I need to try to see Hollywood history.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This