Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Hospitality

Halloween; 1948; MNHS

Halloween was one of my favorite holidays as a child.  My sister and I would go trick or treating with our dad.  Since my folks were divorced, this was one of the few days we were with our dad that was pure fun.  We traveled several blocks, and would come back with a pillowcase full of goodies.  


Children Carving Pumpkins; 1942

Our biggest haul was during the infamous 1991 Halloween Blizzard.  As hardcore trick-or-treaters, we went out anyway.  Very few people went out, so we got handfuls of candy.  Totally worth it.  It's one of my strongest good childhood memories.


Halloween Wistfulness
This year, I'm pretty proud of myself.  I haven't personally given out candy since my issues of a couple years ago.  My husband did last year, but I was too afraid to.  As a self proclaimed recluse, I have a hard time being around people, especially when they don't like me.  I was able to do it, even when a couple of the people weren't kind.  There were lots of kids, so hopefully they had a good night and made their own wonderful Halloween memories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This