Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year's!

New Year's Eve 1936

Cheers to everyone on a bright new year!  I wish a bright future for each and every one of my readers.


Looking back at least year, how did I do on my resolutions?

I basically did not accomplish any of them.  One of these years, perhaps I'll do better.  I was close on my book goal.  While I reset my goal from 250 read to 500 this summer, I was able to read 450.  That's pretty good.  The biggest goal I met was I found a job after two years unemployment.  Yeah!  That's why the other things, including this blog, have suffered a bit.  I'm sorry for that guys.



New Year's Eve 1936


How did the blog fair?

I'm disappointed with how little I posted.  I've also lost some followers, and the most popular posts continue to be basically 2011 or earlier.  AKA - pre-job.  The posts where I talk about myself, have little to no hits, so the message I'm getting is to stick to the Hollywood posts.  If I'm misunderstanding, please let me know.  I really want to give a huge thank you to Jessica at Chronically Vintage, who comments every few weeks.  Not many people comment on the blog, and I appreciate every person who reads or comments.


New Year's Eve party at the home of Thomas M. McGill, 2203 Scudder, St. Paul; 1935

My New Year's Resolutions

  • Take better care of myself
  • Do well at work
  • Be a better wife
  • Clean my home more often
  • Be a better blogger
  • Go through another 250 books
  • Watch what's on my DVR
  • Vintage myself more
  • Clean up the files on my computer
  • Visit the family more
  • Get rid of more stuff
  • Less screen time
  • Exercise
  • Tone down my pessimism
  • Get through my mail the day it arrives
As you can see, I've got a lot of them.  Bummer.  I've probably forgotten several.  While a new year marks a new beginning, it also reminds me of how much I haven't accomplished this year.  Oops,  Day 1 and I've already hit pessimism lane.  Better luck tomorrow :)

Best Wishes,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This