Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates. I had a good, but stressful Christmas. Nice visits with family, but for reasons I'd rather not dwell on, filled with tough decisions and stress. Definitely don't need more of that at any time - let alone the holidays. Just like Santa, I have a naughty and nice list.
|Santa's Mobile Workshop; Cannon Falls; 1930|
Naughty List - I would give out coal, but I need it for my chilly house. Actually not sure why this is given out as a bad gift, because I would love to have something to keep my house warm
- My furnace motor - Thanks for breaking this Christmas Eve. I really didn't have an extra $500+ lying around
- My bod - For always being in pain and making me super tired. Makes me feel about 50 years older than I am and prevents me from getting all my work done and eating
- Some doctors - How about helping instead of telling me you found the gene so no one in the future will have my problem. If I broke a leg, you would try to fix it instead of basically saying "tough". When did you lose intellectual curiosity?
- Those who hurt innocents. Way too many troubling reports of this. Quite frankly, it makes me sick.
- Those involved in the incident of two+ years ago. Not getting off this list any time soon
- ABC Family - For not showing as many Rankin Bass specials this year. Yes, I know you have the rights to several Disney movies, but just because there is a two second scene with snow, the movie is not a Christmas movie. And terrible made-for-TV movies are NOT better than Christmas classics.
|Downtown Minneapolis; 1935|
- Hinding Heating - Thanks for fixing my heating on Christmas Eve. Works great and I am soooo appreciative
- My hubby - Thanks for loving and supporting me. You are amazing! My rock and my everything
- My family - Thanks for loving and supporting me, too.
- My hubby again for making a fantastic Swedish Christmas spread. I'm so glad you let me share your Christmas traditions
- Hot water and Epsom Salt - One of the few things that relieve some pain
- TCM - Thanks for having so many great films. Hours of enjoyment.
- Adult Swim and Archer - For making my laugh.
- Books - Hours of enjoyment and intellectual growth
- Radio Spirits and XM Radio - Hours of enjoyment. I love Old Time Radio. I've also really loved the Bing Crosby Christmas on XM Radio. I wish I would have been alive to hear them live. I've listed to it the past several years, and absolutely love it.
- The vintage blog and website community. You are all fabulous!
- My fantastic readers. I enjoy each and every one of you! Thanks so much for reading. I have to give a special thanks to Jessica at Chronically Vintage. She is one of the few people who comments on my posts, and I am thrilled that someone I find so inspiring reads my blog.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I still celebrate until the 3 Kings come, so expect more Christmas posts until then.