Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas - Naughty and Nice List

1930

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates.  I had a good, but stressful Christmas.  Nice visits with family, but for reasons I'd rather not dwell on, filled with tough decisions and stress.  Definitely don't need more of that at any time - let alone the holidays.  Just like Santa, I have a naughty and nice list.  

Santa's Mobile Workshop; Cannon Falls; 1930

Naughty List - I would give out coal, but I need it for my chilly house.  Actually not sure why this is given out as a bad gift, because I would love to have something to keep my house warm

  • My furnace motor - Thanks for breaking this Christmas Eve.  I really didn't have an extra $500+ lying around
  • My bod - For always being in pain and making me super tired.  Makes me feel about 50 years older than I am and prevents me from getting all my work done and eating
  • Some doctors - How about helping instead of telling me you found the gene so no one in the future will have my problem.  If I broke a leg, you would try to fix it instead of basically saying "tough".  When did you lose intellectual curiosity?
  • Those who hurt innocents.  Way too many troubling reports of this.  Quite frankly, it makes me sick.
  • Those involved in the incident of two+ years ago.  Not getting off this list any time soon
  • ABC Family - For not showing as many Rankin Bass specials this year.  Yes, I know you have the rights to several Disney movies, but just because there is a two second scene with snow, the movie is not a Christmas movie.  And terrible made-for-TV movies are NOT better than Christmas classics.


Downtown Minneapolis; 1935

Nice List

  • Hinding Heating - Thanks for fixing my heating on Christmas Eve.  Works great and I am soooo appreciative
  • My hubby - Thanks for loving and supporting me.  You are amazing!  My rock and my everything
  • My family - Thanks for loving and supporting me, too. 
  • My hubby again for making a fantastic Swedish Christmas spread.  I'm so glad you let me share your Christmas traditions
  • Hot water and Epsom Salt - One of the few things that relieve some pain
  • TCM - Thanks for having so many great films.  Hours of enjoyment.
  • Adult Swim and Archer - For making my laugh.
  • Books - Hours of enjoyment and intellectual growth
  • Radio Spirits and XM Radio - Hours of enjoyment.  I love Old Time Radio. I've also really loved the Bing Crosby Christmas on XM Radio.  I wish I would have been alive to hear them live.  I've listed to it the past several years, and absolutely love it.
  • The vintage blog and website community.  You are all fabulous!
  • My fantastic readers.  I enjoy each and every one of you!  Thanks so much for reading.  I have to give a special thanks to Jessica at Chronically Vintage.  She is one of the few people who comments on my posts, and I am thrilled that someone I find so inspiring reads my blog.



I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  I still celebrate until the 3 Kings come, so expect more Christmas posts until then.

1 comment:

  1. HVAC was so much different back then, but then again they had much less pollution and massive heat producing equipment as we do, they didn't need such powerful HVAC systems as we have today. So i guess that this is why HVAC in St. Paul is constantly changing. Evolving.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This