Friday, November 16, 2012

Nuggets of Note November 8 - 15, 2012



Jessica over at Chronically Vintage has a delightful post about her vintage glove collection.

Ever wonder what doing the laundry in 1912 was like?  Adored Vintage features some 1912 advice to a bride from her grandmother about laundry.

Mother Goose Playroom - Vanderbilt Hotel


Daytonian in Manhattan, a wonderful blog about historical buildings in New York, has two interesting stories this week - the first is a fun history of the Vanderbilt Hotel and the second is a tale of the 1950s destruction of the Thomas Paine home.  So many amazing buildings were lost for the sake of "progress" it just makes me sick.



This pig film above starts out silly and turns out super creepy.  All over the place they are saying this is the first meme.  I don't know about that, but it certainly is nightmare worthy.  Yikes!


With Skyfall coming out, I read a great piece about the difference between the film and literary James Bond. I had no idea there was so much difference.  I have not read a James Bond book, but it is definitely on my list of to-dos.  Seeing Skyfall is a to-do as well.  It's one of the few films that look worth seeing this year.


For those of us who have wondered why we didn't think of that, I read interesting article about accidental inventions.  Hopefully I'll stumble across something myself one of these days.

For those of you celebrating Movember (like my hubby) here is a great mustache choosing guide.  I love the idea of Movember.  You go guys!

Telemedicine Prediction of 1925


Smithsonian talks about Telemedicine predictions of 1925.  I really hope this is not the way of the future, but unfortunately I believe it is.  It's difficult enough to get a doctor to understand you in person.


I've always liked the image of John Wayne.  I'm not a huge fan of westerns so I wouldn't put any of his films on my best-of list, but he is definitely a star.  Movie Morlocks had a great story about the little known facts of John Wayne which is definitely worth the read.  I found it fascinating.

Albert Einstein Chilling


Cracked has some great photographs of famous people being totally out-of-character.  Very funny!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This