Monday, June 14, 2010

Can a Dummy Rum with Giant Scissors?


One of the gems I found when I was cleaning was this 1930's scrapbook I purchased a few years ago for $5. It is full of fun pics, and the wonderful person who had created it thankfully wrote who many of the stars were. Some were easy to recognize, but some I still am not quite sure who a few of the people are. It seems like many of the clippings are from 1936-1938. I thought I would start a series of some of the fun pictures in the scrapbook.



I'd like to start out by saying I absolutely adore Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy. Their radio show is absolutely hilarious! I listen to Old Time Radio a lot, and what can be difficult listening to comedies is that much of the humor is based on things that occurred during the time. If you aren't familiar with a lot of the politics of the time, the shows aren't nearly as enjoyable. Lucky for us, Edgar Bergen's humor is timeless. For a free listen, check out the great Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy Show which was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1990.



I love this Vitaphone short!


Claudette Colbert is the first photo in the scrapbook. Claudette looks glamorous as always. I love her look here.
Up next in this series - Carole Lombard

Best Wishes,

Amanda










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This