Monday, December 14, 2009

Looking for Heat Miser

Have to go off topic again and highlight one of my other favorite Christmas specials, Year Without a Santa Claus, another Rankin Bass classic. Here are my favorite scenes, Heat Miser and Snow Miser. I get in my head all the time!




Could use a little Heat Miser around here. High tomorrow is 8 with 30 below wind chill. Winter is definitely here!
I also found a really cool blog about a guy who is a self proclaimed Rankin Bass historian. His blog is at: http://enchantedworldofrankinbass.blogspot.com/ There is some really cool stuff on there. It turns out he restored the Santa and Rudolf puppets from Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and some pics from the restoration can be found here: http://timespacetoys.stores.yahoo.net/moreph.html You can also buy figurines from Frosty and Santa Claus is Coming to Town and some other fun specials.
Will be returning to the vintage stuff soon. Just needed a little fun.
Heads up for all you Christmas special lovers, Charlie Brown Christmas is on ABC tomorrow 8 e/7c

4 comments:

GoRetroGirl said...

Awesome site, Amanda! You've been so good about visiting mine that I had to try to visit some of yours. I love the roaring 20s, too. And I love the Rankin Bass stop motion holiday specials. Once you hear the Snowmeister/Heatmeister song again, however, it's stuck in your head all day!

Lapetitemort said...

My favorites!
Also was one by them called "The Life and Times of Santa Claus" where the Immortals had to decide whether or not to give Santa immortality! Not show very much but great one if you get to see it!

Also, Nester the Long Eared Donkey will always be my fave!

LPM

Amanda said...

I love both those specials (Life and times of Santa and Nester). Rankin Bass could do no wrong!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Terrific post, Amanda honey, I've missed reading your massively interesting entries so much over the past couple of weeks!

Wishing you a beautiful first weekend of 2010!
♥ Jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This