Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I love you Grandma Jan! Get well soon!

Grandma Jan


Rough day today. I just found out my Grandma Jan has cancer. She is like a mother to me, since my sister, mother, and I lived with her and Gramps from when I was 4 to 12 after my folks divorced and before my mom remarried, so this is really tough for me. She is a total inspiration to me and has always been so kind, praying for me, giving me support, making meals for me if I don't have enough food, making or buying clothes for me if I need them, I could go on and on.
She is the toughest person I know. She grew up on a farm in Iowa. Her father was a moonshine maker and left the family during the depression. They always had food on the table, but it was rough. She survived a terrible case of Scarlet Fever as a child, the scars of which she still bears today.
She met my Grandpa Leo during WWII. They moved to the Twin Cities when he contracted polio. They thought he wasn't going to live, but she went to church every day to pray for him, and they are both still as feisty as ever!


Grandpa Leo

Just wanted to give you guys a headsup if there is a lack of posting these next few days. Thanks for understanding.

10 comments:

Amanda Atkins said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma! I'll say prayers for her. <3

Miss Matilda said...

All the best to your Grandma xx

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

I would drop everything too! Don't worry about us, we'll still be here if you have to be invisible for awhile!

Avalon76 said...

Praying and thinking of you and Grandma. *hugs*

Raquelle said...

Oh no! I hope she gets better and that her feistiness will beat that cancer right out of her system.

You are in my thoughts.

BaronessVonVintage said...

you're all in my thoughts and prayers!

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your gramma is sick - I will be sending good thoughts her way.

Meredith L. Grau said...

All of my wishes and prayers to you and your grandmother. I too have a granny I rely on and respect. Yours sounds like quite a lady!

Lidian said...

All the best to you and your grandmother! Thinking of you -

xx Lidian

Shay said...

I am so sorry to hear this...we're pulling for all three of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This