Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vintage Inspiration June 28


I'm watching The Women right now on TCM. It's one of my favorite Films.




It is so deliciously catty, and an interesting insight into marriage and women's friendship.


The ensemble is fantastic! I couldn't imagine anyone else in the roles. The cast is just perfect. Norma Shearer as the devoted wife Mary Haines, sweet Joan Fontaine, deliciously catty Rosalind Russell, Mary Boland as the lovestruck Countess, Virginia Weidler as little Mary Haines, and of course Joan Crawford as the delicious Crystal Allen.


And the beauty and exercise scenes are fabulous!



The Women Trailer



The Fabulous Adrian Fashion Show. Every dress is stunning. I want them all!

3 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

Ooohhhh, I wish I would have know this was on today, I would have scheduled my Sunday around it, as this movie is on my "must see" list. I love the idea of so many wildly stylish vintage belles together in one film :)


Thank you very much for your comments, I hope you have an absolutely wonderful week ahead!
♥ Jessica

Dsata said...

It is also one of my favorite movies, it made me discover Norma Shearer which I'm fond of.

Lisa said...

This is one of my favorites if not top favorite movie of all time. So glad that women are still discovering this movie today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This