Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vintage Inspiration June 24



Happy Birthday to Wonga Philip Harris (aka Phil Harris 1904-1995). As you all know, I am a huge fan of Alice Faye and Phil Harris, so it is only proper he is the inspiration today.






Phil Harris was a fabulously fun guy. He was a bandleader, singer, actor, radio star, businessman, I could go on and on. One of his most famous gigs includes bandleader at the Ambassador hotel. I have a record of it, but no player unfortunately. The cover is great though




Even though he did fabulous as Baloo in Disney's the Jungle Book, I love him mostly from the radio. He was on the Jack Benny show and his own show, The Phil Harris and Alice Faye show.



He also did some fabulous bits on the Dean Martin Variety hour. I could watch them a million times. They're hilarious.






5 comments:

Darla: Retro Ways said...

That third photo is simply amazing, awww Alice Faye what a lovely post!

Thank you for your comment!

The magizine sounds delightful now I need to pick one up thanks for the info hun!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Lovely roundup of images! I had a dream last night that I was jumping into a giant swimming pool and was having a ball of time. This might not seem like a big deal, but I'm allergenic to chlorine, so it would have to be a fresh/salt water pool for that dream to come to fruition ;)

But enough about moi! Thank you very much for your comments on my blog, it's wonderful to make your acquaintance, my fellow vintage lover.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
♥ Jessica

Larry said...

Surfed in from OTR link you posted.

Alice Faye was one of the most beautiful gals ever. (hey, I'm a man) I recall before she died she would appear for interviews on TCM, still pretty in her 80's.

Nice old photos here.

Anonymous said...

i too saw your link from OTR and just had to say i loved the video clips. I thought it was especially funny when phil said he was a real f*** and got bleeped then said fellow. lol the second clip also had a great moment when he said no shirt of his was going to be stiffer than he was. Rofl.

Maria Jensen said...

great post! phil and dean always worked great together! love your blog : )

Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This