Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vintage Inspiration June 20

The Inspiration for today's pics came from work. I am a children's librarian, and for our Summer Reading Program, we have weekly events. This week was Dazzling Dave the Yo-Yo Master.



While Dazzling Dave did some amazing modern tricks with some high-tech Yo-Yos, Dave spoke a little about the history of Yo-Yos. Yo-Yos have at least been around since the Forties, and there was a massive craze in the Fifties.



I tried to Yo-Yo as a child, but completely stunk at it. As Dave said, it takes a lot of patience and practice (I'm not sure I have it). I couldn't even do the most basic trick, so I am in complete awe of anyone who has the skill to perform even the most simple trick. Unfortunately, I think I was about as good as the dapper gentlemen below rather than the kids above.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This