Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Random Tip Tuesday 1

My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and 8 month old niece are coming to stay for the 4th. They'll be staying with me since they are coming to MN from NY. To prep, I've been cleaning like a madwoman and trying to menu plan. Meal-planning is so hard! I can never think of what to feed my hubby and I, let alone 3 others. This reminded me of a quote from the September 1923 issue of Fruit, Garden and Home:


"The regularity of three meals a day, year in and year out, is sufficiently
appalling to give one case of good, old-fashioned nerves. Meal planning
becomes such a great, big, mountain high task that it is no small wonder our
average housewife gets sick and tired of it" Apparently this is a timeless worry of housewives.



Their solution - Make something new. I'm not sure if that really helps in this particular instance, but maybe on a regular day. The last thing I need to do is try something and have a disaster like the last new meal I tried to make (per Disaster Meal http://flapperdays.blogspot.com/2009/06/disaster-homes.html


2 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Normally I cook most nights though I seem to have fallen off the wagon this week- I have been just throwing stuff together from the fridge and calling it dinner or eating out. I use Everyday Food magazine (the little Martha Stewart Mag you can find at checkout)to help me get out of a rut. I find their recipes easy and delicious.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This