Monday, June 22, 2009

Beauty Routine


Since I've been reading a lot of vintage mags lately,

I've started to try to retrofy my beauty routine.




My Morning Routine is:

1. Take a shower. I can't seem to function without one. I should buy stock in the Water Department

2. Let my hair air dry. I've heard this is better than using a hairdryer. Since my hair is so thick, it takes about 20 minutes to blow dry it, so it's just easier not to. I oversleep too much :)

3. Moisturize. Oil of Olay with SPF on face and decolletage



4. Petro Carbo Salve any skin abnormalities like pimples or scratches. This works REALLY well. There is something to say for Old Time products. This one has been make for over 100 years and you can get it from Watkins (The best!) at http://www.watkinsonline.com/default.cfm?gCatalogLocale=USA

5. Vanilla Shea Butter from Watkins for the legs

6. Some kind of lip stuff - Lip gloss or lipstick depending on my mood

7. Liniment from Watkins if sore

8. Brush teeth

9. Put in contacts

10. Do hair. Usually a pony tail or bun. I just don't have a lot of time in the morning usually, or I would curl my hair. It just takes too long because it's so thick

Goll, that feels like a lot, but it doesn't usually take more than 1/2 hour.





Evening Beauty Routine

1. Take out contacts

2. Brush and Floss Teeth

3. Wash face

4. Vaseline the lips

5. Rub Ponds Cold Cream on Face or Nivea. I alternate so my skin does not get used to one product

6. Petro Carbo Salve any face issues

7. Comb and braid hair

8. Ponds my hands and put on gloves every few nights.


Doesn't take much time either, and I have really noticed how much softer my skin is.

1 comment:

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Sounds like you having everything down pat. I need to try that petro carbo thanks for the tip it sounds amazing. I never have time to do my hair so I put it in sponge curlers or pin curls before I go to bed so when I wake up all I have to do is take them out pin my hair back and my hair is done. Take care ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This