Friday, June 19, 2009

The big bad girdle


My fabulous Gram who was a teen in the forties, swears by the girdle. She still wears one now in her 80s, so I thought my first venture into vintage fashion could be a girdle. Why not start with the basics. How bad could it be after all?


First of all, it was next to impossible to find. I'm kind of tiny and am no Marilyn, and apparently gals like me are too little for a girdle. I had to make a compromise and buy a Diane Shaper.


Don't get me wrong, it totally did the job. I just didn't realize how good they are. It literally took me about ten minutes to try to get it on. It was pretty comfortable for the first few hours, but then I got a little sore.


I have come to the conclusion that it's one of those things that you have to gradually get used to. I started Tuesday, and I've been wearing it a few hours every day.


They totally do the trick. My posture feels better, no bulges, and clothes fit much better. They are really a good product. I just wish I had started as a teen instead of 30 so I'd have gotten the benefits sooner.

2 comments:

LandGirlontheHomeFront said...

I'm saving up for some WHAT KATIE DID vintage-inspired underpinnings. Worth a google?

Amanda said...

Thanks for the info!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This