Monday, June 29, 2009

Beauty Bonanza 1

Priscilla Lane is one of my favorite actresses. She was brilliant as Elaine Harper in one of my favorite films, Arsenic and Old Lace and as Patricia Martin in Saboteur.

I'm not sure who thought up this gimmick, but they had the lovely Priscilla working in a department store at the makeup counter. I'm sure she did a fabulous job.


Some Priscilla Lane trivia
  • She was one of the Lane sisters singing group
  • She was only 5'2"
  • Her first marriage was annulled. She left him after the first night - perhaps a little second guessing?
  • She was up for the part of Melanie Wilkes in Gone With the Wind (Obviously she didn't get the part)

2 comments:

LandGirlontheHomeFront said...

This is great! I played Elaine in our school's production of Arsenic and Old Lace so I watched Priscilla Lane's version of the character MANY MANY times! The Lane trivia was really interesting!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Arsenic and Old Lace is such a wonderful movie (mind you, it's hard to go wrong with just about film that cast Cary Grant), thank you for highlighting one of its leading ladies (who I had no idea was the same height as me! :D).

Wishing you a fantastic Tuesday!
♥ Jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This