Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Adventures of Robin Hood


I had the pleasure of watching The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) on TCM tonight. It is one of my favorite films. It is just plain fun! The lavish technicolor, the costumes, Errol Flynn, the swashbuckling . . . I could go on and on.


These last few decades, I feel like Errol Flynn has gotten a bad rap. He is definitely handsome (don't hold that against him) and definitely liked the ladies, but he was also a great actor. Who else could pull off the great Robin Hood with such ease, charm, skill, and humor as Errol Flynn? Not one actor today is even in his same league (I don't want to hear from any George Clooney addicts. Y'all can't get past his face).



Anyway, The Adventures of Robin Hood is a great film. I find the spectacle inspiring and I love the costumes. Olivia de Havilland is so sweet, strong, and stunning! Don't tell me y'all don't wish you were her!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This